House of Sampoerna



Hi good people. Last weekend I got bored and didn’t have extra money but I need to refresh my brain because of some jobs that made me almost felt desperate. I called a friend of mine to accompany me with lower cost. One thing that I thought at that time, It’s getting a trip without spending a lot of money. I got an idea, I booked one of place for us to get short trip in the afternoon. Yeah I went to House of Sampoerna. Ah I remember that in my previous post I said that the schedule is available twice a day but I got wrong. Actually three times a day and they have 15 different routes a day. You can book the sit for you to get a trip by bus. There are two ways to book. First you can call to the customer service. Second you can book on the spot if the sitting has been full booked. My friend and I took the third schedule. It was at 3 pm. We were so lucky because whenever I booked actually it has been full already, but we were on waiting list. So when there’s person cancelled it I got the chance for the trip. Then my friend and I fortunately got it. One of the crew gave us such a name tag. We entered to the bus that has already waited us.
On the bus there were 2 crews, the driver and the guide. They’re so friendly. The guide told us about the routes that would be visited. Then while we were going to the destination, the guide explained us about the historical of the Surabaya itself and some places that we passed. For the first we were going to the kingdom in Surabaya. Actually I was so surprise that Surabaya has a kingdom. It was new information for me. The guide told us that a long time ago Surabaya was also has a kingdom but because of the colonization that the king was lose, all of the region was given to the Company and this case becomes a polemic from archeology and historian. Some of the streets’ name has meaning such from a kingdom. An example Praban street, this name was taken from the word Prabu that has a meaning as a prince. This street was given name as Praban because all of the prince lived on that region.
We moved to the second place. It was city hall of Surabaya. On the front of city hall there some chairs people could sit and enjoy the view in the town while listening the sound of the fountain. Some kids played with that water and sometime they also take a shower. We entered the point building and beside us before the door there some plants such rice plant. On the wall in the first floor there a big painting about the icon of this city. It was the painting of the shark and crocodile. These animals were has a meaning on the name of Surabaya, the word sura was taken from the shark in Javanese and baya from crocodile in Javanese too.
The last place was Cak Durasim building. It is a cultural building that uses to give a show such traditional show, Karawitan, Wayang, traditional dance. There a lot of people sold food snack and drink in front of that building. This building was named as Cak Durasim from one of figure, it was actor that has a name Durasim, and Cak is the name of people to call an older man. When my friend and I visited this place there are some kids girls practiced a dancing with the instructor. They were so cute. The guide gave us 20 minutes to get rest and bought some food then we were back to the House of Sampoerna again. That’s the story from my trip around the lovely city. I hope you like it and get an advantage from this writing. See you on my next trip :) 

Komentar

Postingan Populer